Our Dental Practice in Los Angeles, California
Dr. Van Osdel is devoted to preserving, restoring and enhancing the natural function and beauty of your dentition. By blending a conservative strategy with state-of-the-art dental procedures we ensure that your results will be a comfortable, healthy, attractive mouth - we promise!
Training and Expertise
As your dental health professionals, we want you to be confident in knowing we are a team of highly trained and skilled clinicians. We pride ourselves in providing the care you need to keep your smile healthy. To give you the best possible service and results, we are committed to continual education and learning. We attend dental lectures, meetings, and dental conventions to stay informed of new techniques, the latest products, and the newest equipment that a modern dental office can utilize to provide state-of-the-art dental care. Also, being members of various professional dental associations helps us to stay abreast of the changes and recommendations for our profession.
A Positive Experience
Building a foundation of trust by treating our patients as special individuals is vital to our success. We understand how uneasy some patients may feel about their dental visits, and how we can make a difference in providing a relaxing and positive experience. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with excellent, personalized care and service to make your visits as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Infection control in our office is also very important to us. To protect our patients and ourselves, we strictly maintain sterilization and cross contamination processes using standards recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Education and Prevention
As a practice, we are true believers that preventative care and education are the keys to optimal dental health.
We strive to provide “dental health care” vs. “disease care”. That’s why we focus on thorough exams – checking the overall health of your teeth and gums, performing oral cancer exams, and taking x-rays when necessary. We also know that routine cleanings, flossing, sealants, and fluoride are all helpful in preventing dental disease. Not only are we focused on the beauty of your smile, we’re also concerned about your health. A review of your medical history can help us stay informed of your overall health, any new medications that you are taking, and any illnesses that may impact your dental health.
High Restorative Standards
Dr. Van Osdel believes in personalized dental care which enables us to provide the quality dental services our patients deserve. We provide comprehensive treatment planning and use restorative and cosmetic dentistry to achieve your optimal dental health. We do all of the following
- Periodontal care- from simple "cleanings" to Periodontal Scaling and Root
- Composite fillings
- All porcelain restorations, inlays, onlays and crowns
- Porcelain fused to gold crowns
- Gold inlays, onlays and crowns
- Implant diagnosis and restoration
- Removeable Partial Denture diagnosis and restoration
- Complete Denture diagnosis and restoration
- Full Mouth Implant Restoration
- Emergency care, and referral for specialtists treatment
In order to do a complete diagnosis we do the following:
- A thorough examination of your soft tissue, an Oral Cancer Exam, a
functional exam of your TMJ and bite, and a periodontal exam.
- An exam of your teeth, charting all existing conditions, restorations (old
fillings) and decay.
- Intraoral pictures of all conditions and restorations.
- Diagnostic radiographs (x-rays) to check the condition of your teeth and
- Study models of your teeth to help diagnose bite issues.
Dealing with Fear and Anxiety
- Previous traumatic experiences will be discussed.
- All treatment modalities will be considered.
- Self-hypnosis, relaxation therapy, medications are all available for the fearful
- If you would like to be sedated, we work with several dental anesthiologists who can make your dental
experience easy and comfortable.
Should a dental emergency occur, we make every effort to see and care for you as soon as possible. We thank you for allowing us to take care of your dental needs and look forward to serving you.